Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Condor 7.1.1 onwards update

As I have mentioned previously, condor is dropping support for RH9 and Mac/PPC binaries with 7.1.1 onwards. I have used the 7.1.0 RH9 binaries successfully on openSUSE 10.x. Obviously I'd like to use 7.1.1, well 7.1.2 now, but have no choice but to compile from source. That is fine, but unfortunately I've not managed to get 7.1.1 or 7.1.2 to compile on openSUSE 10.3 or 11.0 for either 32-bit or 64-bit. I also tried compiling on my PowerPC Mac, but again to no avail.

I'd like to continue to use the development series, but unless I can get it compile on these platforms, it won't be an option. I may switch to the stable series, 7.0.x, but alas that doesn't work on openSUSE 11.0 (compiles but doesn't run correctly), therefore stopping me from upgrading our 10.x machines. Hopefully a solution will present itself!